Thursday, March 08, 2018

Trail: WTY from Port Wakefield to Ardrossan - 1 Night, 65 km


I've started doing the Walk the Yorke trail in sections. South Australia can be a beautiful place, and there is certainly something quintessentially South Australian about the Yorke Peninsula. Mixed farmland, mangroves, scrub and protected coastlines can all be seen in the first 65 km of the walk from Port Wakefield to Ardrossan.

It's an easy walk, very flat, with a shelter just after Port Arthur. I stayed in Port Clinton overnight, which was a nice little fishing holiday spot (if you're into that). I caught a bus out to there; YP Coaches run a services to much of the Yorke Peninsula departing Adelaide.

The good weather meant I could try out my summer setup - which in this case was an MLD Core 28 pack, an EE Enigma 50, an EE Recon and a Toaks Titanium pot. My 'big four' weighed about 1 kg.





0 comments: